Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Goin' Moblie

I want to start by saying that I don't have a cell phone. Well, okay. I DO have a cell phone.A droid. But I have no phone service (and, no, I won't be getting any). It's basically a glorified pocket watch. But I can get on the internet if there is a wireless network available, and luckily at my house there is! So, I do occasionally read blogs from my phone.

I would like to suggest that if you have a blog, you enable mobile view. If you don't the blog is basically unreadable from the phone. It's super tiny. And if I enlarge it, then I have to move the page all over to read everything. Annoying.

Here's what mobile view looks like:

I wanted a sample of my blog, but this was all I could come up with. You get the idea.

Yeah, there's no sidebar, but in my opinion, it's better to have someone able to read your posts from their phone than not. If they can read you on the phone, they're much more likely to visit your blog from an actual computer than if you annoy them with an unreadable page.

To enable mobile view, just go to settings, mobile & email, and enable it. Super easy.

Your mobile readers will thank you!

18 comments:

Larry and Cindy said...

It's just one little step to phone service, I think you would like it. Love ya, Pop

T. M. Hunter said...

At some point, I need to revamp my main site for mobile users as well. At least Blogger makes it easy to upgrade...

Golden Eagle said...

I think I enabled mobile viewing on my blog some time ago; I'll have to go back and double-check, just to be sure.

dellgirl said...

Oh Lawdy lawdy, did you just share another new technical thing I need to learn?!! Just kidding, thanks for the great info. Now, doing it is another story.

have a nice weekend.

Jennifer said...

I *just* enabled mobile on mine the other day, after getting the Blogger app for my iPod touch and seeing some of the screwiness. Enough people do things mobile that it just makes sense to enable mobile mode.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Thanks for the suggestion. Just enabled.

ali cross said...

YES! I couldn't agree more! So glad Blogger made it so easy for us!

Angie said...

Dad, I don't about that. Pretty sure I wouldn't like it. But I love you!

Todd, I'm impressed you know how to do that. I sure am glad blogger makes it easy.

Dellgirl, never fear. It's super easy. Hope you have a great weekend too!

Good for you, Terry. Glad I could be of help!

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

Jewel Allen said...

Great advice, thanks!! Makes sense that is how many readers access our blogs anymore.

Windy Aphayrath said...

I can't believe you don't have a cell phone. Isn't that like, blasphemy or something??? ;)

And I'm gonna go check my blog RIGHT NOW!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great advice! Although my phone isn't enabled for that sort of thing (I'm just to cheap to want to pay $20-50 each month per phone in our house for that service), I can see the benefit of having it available for everyone who does have that tech.

Thanks Angie!

Angie said...

Thanks, Tyrean. I appreciate you stopping by!

Jan Markley said...

Good advice - thanks! I'm heading to my settings right now to check that it's enabled!

Carolyn V said...

I didn't know that. Such great advice! Thanks Angie.

MTeacress said...

I love it when I learn something new. I'll go do this right now. :)

MTeacress said...

Hm. I can't find an 'enable' button. I wonder if it's because of my template.

Jacqueline Howett said...

Thanks for the advice/reminder!

Jacqueline Howett said...

Just wondering-Can I enable mobile with just a pay as you go card cell phone?