Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Life, the Universe, and Everything and other fun stuff

It's almost time for my favorite event of the year!  


Life, the Universe and Everything, or LTUE as it's more commonly known is a science fiction and fantasy symposium held each year in Provo, UT. This year it is February 14-16 at the Provo Marriott Hotel. I love it! It is so much fun. This year, I will be presenting a class on writing short stories, as well as doing a couple of panels and participating in the mass author book signing on Friday night. If you're in the area, it's only $30 for the full three day conference, if you register by Feb. 10. Check out the website, and come if you can. It is so worth it!

I also have some other fun stuff coming up. I am doing two school visits. One to my kids' elementary for their career club day, and one to Timpview High School in Provo for their career fair. It should be fun to talk to those up and coming authors!

On February 21, I'll be presenting a class on writing speculative fiction at 7pm at the Pleasant Grove Library as part of their Professional Writers Series.

On February 22, I'll be doing a podcast interview for The Goodword Podcast at 5pm, followed by a book 
signing in their store from 6-8pm.

Then on March 9, I'll be at the Write Here in Ephraim conference at Snow College in Ephraim, UT. I'll be teaching two classes. One on finding time to write and balancing life and writing, and one on writing short stories. More details on that to come!

I'll be a busy, happy girl! Hope you can come see me at some of these!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Have fun at the conference. It sounds great!

Anonymous said...

LTUE is my favorite of the year, too! I just love it. There's a relaxing feeling there and I feel like more people mingle with less boundaries.

I'm so proud of you, Angie! Look at all these awesome events!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I hope to make it, but I literally will not know until the very last minute.

Angie said...

I sure hope you can, David. It would be great to see you.

Carolyn V said...

Woohoo! I'll be there! It really is such a great conference. I can't wait to see you there!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like it will be an exciting event! Sadly, I won't be able to attend, but I hope that you have a great time!

PS: I'm new here. I've visited from D. P. King's blog. I'm following, so I'll be back!

Best Wishes,

Alexandra~

Angie said...

Welcome, Alexandra! Thanks for following. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned and ready to go! Have an awesome signing at that conference!!!