Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Friday, April 6, 2012

A Brand New Bag

The writing bag then...
I loved my old writing bag. Loved it! My sister made it for me. I loved the soft yellow fabric, the cheerful daisies, the mint green interior. I loved the many pockets and the large space inside. I loved it so much that I loved it to death. The handles are threadbare. They are coming unstitched from the top of the bag. There are holes in the bottom corners. I knew it was time for a new bag.

...and now.
 I need something that can carry multiple notebooks and has lots of space for all the pens, mp3 player, phone, carmex, sunglasses, flash drive, scraps of paper, camera, and everything else I need in order to write. I decided on this awesome vintage messenger bag.



I. Love. It. No offense to my darling sister or the memory of my other beloved bag, but this one is also perfect. It has pockets and roominess and sturdy canvas. And a bio-hazard symbol. So far, I'm very pleased with my bag.

And yes, having the right bag does help me write better!

What about you? Do you have a special object--bag or something else--that you need to get your writing done?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking that I need a bag, but I haven't gotten one yet. Tina Scott

Anonymous said...

That is an AWESOME bag! Especially because of the bio-hazard symbol!

Angie said...

You should, Tina! I looooove having all my writing stuff in one place.

Stephanie McGee said...

I have to have the right pen. Fortunately I'm stocked up on them so I won't run out for a long time. Other than that it's just music on and I'm good to go.

T. M. Hunter said...

I know the folks at behlerblog.com make custom bags...have never tried to get one, though. I use the same bag I use to carry stuff to work.

Until you said something, I thought that might have been the Klingon Empire symbol. It's time to hang up my nerd hat, apparently... :-P

Linz said...

haha! It brings me a lot of joy to know that you loved that bag to death! :) The new bag is beautiful!!

Angie said...

Todd, I may have to check them out I love bags! You can never have too many bags. My son thought it was a Klingon symbol too, so it's doubly cool that way.

RaShelle Workman said...

Love the new bag. =D

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Cool bag. No, I don't have a special object or cool bag for writing, although my family got me a tie last Christmas that had one of my book covers on it :)

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Cool bag. No, I don't have a special object or cool bag for writing, although my family got me a tie last Christmas that had one of my book covers on it :)

tiffany said...

nice new bag i like it

Angie said...

That sounds like an awesome tie, Terry!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool Bag! The right tools definitely make writing easier!

Golden Eagle said...

That's an awesome new bag!

Larry and Cindy said...

Angie write something on my facebook about your book and a picture of your book and how they can get it!!! Love Ya,MOM