Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Storymakers Highlight: Inspirational Moments


Moment #1: Dan Wells praised the opening paragraph of my novel. Yes! (Actually, all of Boot Camp was totally inspiring.)

Moment #2:  The music video. (Watch it here.) I so want to enter the lyrics contest for next year's video.

Moment #3: Watching the "Become Legendary" video. (Watch the Michael Jordan bit here.) It was incredible. Hope the whole thing is posted online soon!

Moment #4: Meeting Danyelle Leafty in person! I've been waiting for that for a long time.

Moment #5: Meeting David West in person and finally getting a copy of his book. I've been waiting for that for a long time, too. 

Moment #6: Hearing Julie Coulter Bellon talk about writing with seven kids and another on the way. You rock, girl!

Moment #7: Listening to Jeff Savage and James Dashner talk about their writing journeys. "There is a word for writers who never give up. Published."

Moment #8: David Farland's keynote address. You have to plan and prepare in every aspect of your life for a successful writing career..

Moment #9: Realizing that I can make it. I really can!

Oh, it was a wonderful conference. I loved seeing some of my awesome writerly friends again. I seriously can't wait to go back next year!

What inspiring moments have you had lately?

11 comments:

Danyelle L. said...

You are beyond sweet, Angie! I really enjoyed being able to see you in person (to prove that you didn't just live in my computer :p) and to get to know you better. :D

I love that quote: "There's a word for writers who never give up. Published" I shall frame this and hang it in the corridors of my mind.

And, yes you can! *cookies* I can't wait for next year either. :)

Aubrie said...

Wow, that's a lot of inspiring moments. Especially the last one when you realized that you could make it. Wow.

For me, usually getting one of my stories accepted is inspiring, even if it's only an amateur market.

Amanda said...

I'm still inspired from the conference.

MTeacress said...

I agree with Amanda - still inspired. I'd like it if they had two a year, perhaps in CA or something. I'd go. :)

Cindy Beck, author said...

It was a great conference, wasn't it? I always come away inspired to get to work on something new. Or something unfinished.

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog to read and comment. And I'm so glad you reminded me about overdue library books. Aaackkk! I hope the police don't come and arrest me like they did with the lady I mentioned in the blog! :)

Tana said...

I'm totally jealous you met Danyelle! Pic's please! Sounds like a GREAT conference! Thanks for sharing. =)

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I wish we would have met. But I totally agree, the conference rocked!!!

Anonymous said...

That "Becoming Legendary" video was incredible. It proved that we can all do it, if we stick to it.

Mary E Campbell said...

All very awesome moments. You can make it - and I think I can too. Let's see inspiring moments - I'd have to say the conference was full of those moments for me too - great to see you there.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you found inspiration at the conference! It was good to see you there, and yes the Becoming Legendary video will be available soon. Promise!

kanishk said...

I'm still inspired from the conference.
post free classifieds