Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

One Word Interview with Rachelle Christensen

Today's One Word Interviewee is Rachelle J. Christensen, author of suspense novels, non-fiction, romance, and a new series about a wedding planner who solves mysteries. Doesn't that sound like fun? Welcome to the writing chair, Rachelle.

Stranded on a desert island. What's your must-have item? 
A backpack that's loaded with books, food, and water. :)

Very practical. Especially the books!
 

You have to solve a murder. Which fictional detective do you want by your side? 
Agatha Christie

She would be a good choice for a number of reasons.

What historical figure would you. Most like to have lunch with? 
Jesus Christ

Wouldn't that be something? I'm not sure I'd be able to eat!

You're performing on Broadway. What show are you in? 
My Fair Lady 

(I did play the part of Eliza when I was in high school and my kids love it when I talk "British"!)

That's one of my favorites! I'd love to hear you talk British too. :)

Which one of your main characters is the most like you? 
Hmm, I think Adrielle Pyper is most like me.

Ah. The main character from your new wedding planner mystery series. She must be delightful! (By the way, you can see Adri's creations at www.mashedpotatoesandcrafts.com)

Thanks so much for being here today, Rachelle!


Rachelle J. Christensen is a mom of four cute kids. She has an amazing husband, three cats, and five chickens. Her first novel, Wrong Number was awarded Outstanding Book of the Year from the League of Utah Writers and was also a 2010 Whitney Finalist. Her second suspense novel, Caller ID was released March 2012. She is also the author of a nonfiction book, Lost Children: Coping with Miscarriage for Latter Day Saints. Rachelle has a novella coming out in the fall with a Timeless Romance Anthology by Mirror Press.
Rachelle enjoys singing and songwriting, playing the piano, running, motivational speaking, and of course reading. Visit www.rachellewrites.blogspot.com to learn more about upcoming books.

2 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Fun interview. I love Rachelle's books.

dellgirl said...

Nice interview, I enjoyed it. Just stopping in to say hi.

Wishing you a great Sunday!