Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Strength

Being a writer is not easy. It's hard to find the words to recreate the story living in your heart. It's hard to cut out a little piece of your soul and lay it bare on the page. It's hard to put it out there for the world to mock. It's hard to get rejected over and over again and still keep trying.

Believe me. I know. It can be lonely, frustrating, discouraging and downright heartbreaking.

You have to be strong.

But if there is one thing I've learned in my life, it's that we are stronger together than we are alone. We need each other. We need someone who understands what we are going through. Someone who has been where we are, or is going where we want to go.

So, thank you my writing, blogging, facebooking, tweeting friends. Thank you for being my strength when I struggle. Thank you for sharing your own journey. Thank you for standing with me. I couldn't do it without you!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! It's hard to be a writer and work on projects when you don't know how they will be received. It's great that we have more ways to connect with each other and give each other encouragement.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Yes, writing is an endeavor where there is not promise of success at the end.

Angie said...

Terry, it certainly is a big risk. Thanks for your support!

Unknown said...

I totally agree. You need to be strong when writing, and strength in numbers is even better. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have the support of a fantastic critique group. Fantastic post, thanks for sharing.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I totally agree! We are stronger together!

Melanie Goldmund said...

Thank you for always commenting on my blog!

I agree, we are stronger together than alone.

I did some of my best writing when I was on a fanfic forum, with people commenting on each installment of my stories. It was just so great to get the instant feedback, to be able to discuss things, and to know that most of my fans were also writers and knew exactly what it was like. I'm glad I can give back to you some little bit of that. :-)

Angie said...

Cheree, thanks for stopping by. That's so true.

Melanie, I really appreciate your support!

Ali Cross said...

I couldn't agree more!

RaShelle Workman said...

Well said, Angie. =)

MTeacress said...

As RaShelle said, well said, Angie. :)

We'd get nowhere without one another.

Angie said...

Thank you, everyone!

Golden Eagle said...

True. Having other writers around is a big boost. :)