Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cool Stuff I Want to Share

Only a couple more days left for Kindles for Kids. Visit Danyelle's website to see all the great prizes she is offering. You could also pick up a signed, limited edition hardcover copy of Catspell. This would make a wonderful gift or donation to a library or a great addition to your library. She won't be offering hardcovers after this, so don't miss out!

I am so looking forward to Elana Johnson's next book, Surrender. If you preorder it now, you could win one of 50 booklets with never-to-be released character content and fabulous character illustrations. That would be so incredibly cool to have! Check it out.

Maybe you noticed over on the sidebar already--my publisher is giving away three copies of Defenders of the Covenant on Goodreads. Pop over there and enter to win! And while you're there, mark it "to-read." That'd be great.

Tomorrow is the big day! My launch party. I am crazy excited and nervous, too--like stomachache inducing nerves. I really need to settle down and just enjoy myself. Anyway, if you're in the neighborhood, I'd love to see you there!

Right now on Amazon, Defenders is only $14.81! Great price. You can also order it from Deseret Book, or pick it up at your local Deseret Book store.

Also, Defenders of the Covenant has it's own Facebook page now. The characters have taken over, so go "like" it, if you want. I'd sure appreciate it!

Side Note: I feel like this blog is dying an ignominious death, and I'm not sure what to do to revive it. Tell me, what sort of stuff do you most like to see on the blog? Posts about writing, my book, life in general? Giveaways, blog fests, guest posts, interviews? I know I haven't had much time for blog reading myself lately, and maybe that has something to do with it. What do you think? What do you like most about my blog? (If anything.) Your input is appreciated!

10 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

Yay! I wish I could be at your launch party!

I like your posts on your writing process. Of course, I like all the posts of yours that I've read. :)

T. M. Hunter said...

If only I knew how to boost blog readership...I would tell you. :-\

Tyrean Martinson said...

You - you're the best part of your blog! Plus, I like stuff about writing. Hopping over to Goodreads next.

tiffany said...

i agree with tyrean you are the best part of your blog i like reading everything

maybe the charcters of defenders of the coventant should take the blog over too

i have put your book on my goodreads list i think i may have even put it as read however i will be changeing that to reading soon

Jewel Allen said...

I wouldn't worry about it, Angie. Blog, and people will keep coming. Just be yourself and share the things you are learning or doing or enjoying. If you measure the blog's success by comments, that'll be a frustrating meter. I read you even though I might not comment so often. :-) Have a great weekend!

Melanie Goldmund said...

I'm sorry you think your blog is dying. I check it every day, and read every update, but I don't always comment, because sometimes I just don't know what to say. I like it when you write about writing. And I like giveaways in general, and interviews, and blog fests, too. But, yeah, like T. M. said, if I knew how to boost blog readership, I'd tell you. But I don't. Sorry. Just know that you have my sometimes quiet support.

Angie said...

Luisa--Thank you. Best of luck with your book! I keep hearing great things about it!

Todd--I know. I think I just need to stop worrying about the numbers. It is what it is, eh?

Thank you, Tyrean. =) I like your blog too!

Tiff--good idea. Some posts by characters might be fun!

Melanie--Thanks so much! I think I forget that people are probably reading without commenting. I really need to chill out and stop worrying about numbers!

Have a great weekend all!

Anonymous said...

Kindles for Kids and Surrender are awesome!

Congrats on your launch! I'm so happy for you! I wish so badly I could be there but I'm trapped at home because the hubs had to work late. =[ Have a great time! I'm so happy for you!

As for your blog, I love hearing you talk about your writing and I love hearing about your life. I admit, I'm really loving blogs about people's lives lately because I feel like I connect with them more. I'm never bored at your blog, Angie, so just keep it up! =D

Michelle said...

I have really appreciated many of your posts on here. They are so insightful and inspiring and motivating. I keep thinking that blogs are just "going out of style" - and I don't read them nearly as much as I used to. But - I still drop by here every so often. :)

Angie said...

Thanks, Michelle!