Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Monday, November 21, 2011

Give Thanks

More blessings!
Thanksgiving time is upon us again. I have so much to be grateful for in every aspect of life, but this blog focuses on writing. Let me share some of my writing blessings with you.


A huge blessing this year was having Walnut Springs Press accept Defenders of the Covenant for publication. A lifelong dream come true! I can't wait to hold the book in my hands soon, and to share it with all of you.

I got to present at LTUE at BYU and at CONduit in Salt Lake this year. Both a huge thrill for me. I got to sit on panels with David Farland and other illustrious authors I've looked up to for a long time. I had a blast doing it too! And the best part is, I'll get to do it again next year.

This year, I wrote a novella, "Refuge," a short story, "Spirits Bright" (a Christmas story), and 240+ pages of a novel, "Shattered Skies." That's great output for me. I did lots of revising and critiquing too. That's the best writing blessing of all--the actual creation!

And then there is YOU. This writing community is such a blessing to me. You helped me celebrate my joys and drown my sorrows. You encouraged me in my goals and kept me going when I wanted to quit. Thank you!

What writing-related blessings are you thankful for this year?

P.S. I'm traveling for the holiday, so I won't be blogging again until next week. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving (those celebrating it, anyway).

9 comments:

tiffany said...

the writeing blessings i am thankful for are that i know how to write even thow i dont spell well i can write


and for authors like you who write great stories that keep my attention becuse that is really hard to do with my add

Larry and Cindy said...

can,t wait kiss and hug you all!

Canda said...

I'm thankful for writing friends who share their great ideas and successes.

T. M. Hunter said...

Thankful for a day job that pays the bills, allowing me not to stress about the writing gig when things aren't moving as fast as I'd like. ;-)

Angie said...

Thanks, T and Dad. I love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Canda, I know what you mean. I'm so thankful for that too.

Todd, that's a huge blessing. I know I am so grateful that my husband makes a good living so that I have been able to stay home with my kids and pursue my writing dreams.

Thanks for stopping by, everybody! Happy Thanksgiving!

Shallee said...

You have had a wonderful year, Angie! I've been grateful to enjoy several conferences, write a new novel, and start querying another. It's been a good year!

Unknown said...

I'm so grateful that I have this outlet to create. It's a talent the Lord has given me to help me through and I am so grateful for that.

Maeve Frazier said...

Angie - I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jacqueline Howett said...

Congrats on your book being picked up for publishing! So happy for you. Good luck!

You have been one busy lady writing!